Sunday, June 1, 2014

#cute Layout - Creative Embellishments June Challenge

Happy 1st of June already!! Today I am sharing a layout I created for the Creative Embellishments June DT challenge reveal. The challenge is to be inspired by an inspiration photo and use something nautical on your project.

663098-bigthumbnail
My daughter went to the Erin Basin Marina last weekend with her boyfriend and I was so happy to have a new picture to work with for this challenge. It worked out perfectly. The marina is about 10 minutes from us and we go often. It’s a nice place to go on a hot summer day. You can watch the boats, chill on the beach or walk and see the pretty flowers planted. They also have food along the harbor. It’s really a lot of fun. People take their lawn chairs and blankets and just sit and read. Just a nice place to be.

For the challenge I used some nautical wood, chipboard and flair on my layout. I cut apart the wave panel and wave border were  simply altered with gesso and viva inka gold metallic blue rub. I altered  Flourish 1 with two different color greens, one being  tim holtz distress paint and a prima  chalk edger. You can’t tell the variation in color to much though. I altered the rope frame first applying Tim Holtz antique linen distress paint and then swiped with burlap color distress paint. I altered the wood nautical starswith distress stain in faded jeans. The wood compass with distress stain in pewter and I left the sun all natural. The wood anchowas altered with maya gold in grey and I added a piece of jute to it.  The sailboat was altered with gesso, maya gold in grey and blue metallic rub. The chipboard lighthouse was altered with white arylic paint, metallic blue rub and maya gold in grey. The social hash tag was altered with blue metallic rub and black ink pad. Lastly I added a few pieces of flair for an added touch of fun.

Wave PanelWave Border 2 Rope Frames
Compass Rose Set of 6 Nautical Star (set of 6)Anchor Set of 6
Discover Nautical SetLighthouse Set of 4Nautical Set 2
Flourish 1Sailboat 1 Social Hash Tags
We would love to see how you are inspired by our challenge. Link your projects up the link at the bottom of the challenge post for a chance to win a $20.00 to the store.
GIFTCARD-20

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great start to the month of June.


2 comments:

  1. wow I love this layout, love all things beach, what a fabulous background and fab prize, would love to win, cant wait to give this a go.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love all the detail! Anad talk about a lot of product! Wow! Thanks for this challenge .. it spurred me to scrap a precious photo of my dad!

    ReplyDelete